Do you offer technical support?
This FAQs section should answer almost every question. Please read through this page carefully and you will likely find the information you need. We are not available to answer any phone requests. You can, however, reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having trouble receiving your digital calendar, please let us know which calendar you chose. We are happy to help.
Why isn't a specific Page-A-Day® Calendar available as an online calendar?
The list of digital calendars changes each year. Unfortunately, a handful of Page-A-Day® calendars cannot be reproduced in the online format for copyright reasons or due to production complexity. If the calendar you wanted is not available as a digital calendar this year, we hope you find another Page-A-Day® calendar among those available online. For 2014, the following calendars are available:
- 1000 Places to See Before You Die 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- Keep Calm and Carry On 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- 365 Bible Verses a Year 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- 365 Cats 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- 365 Dogs 3014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- A Google A Day 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- The Original 365 Jokes, Puns & Even a Few Riddles 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- Mensa 365 Brain Puzzlers 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- 365 Spanish Word-A-Year 2014 Pate-A-Day® Calendar
- The 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- 365 Days of Amazing Trivia 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
- Today is Going to Be A Great Day! 2014 Page-A-Day® Calendar
If you are using Norton Internet Security (or any sort of fire wall) you'll need configure it to "allow browser identification." If this does not work, try turning it off completely. You should then be able to reactivate it after registering with no adverse effects.
Who can receive a Page-A-Day® online calendar?
Page-A-Day® Online Calendars are available on the web and through daily HTML emails for registered users who have a calendar promotion/I.D. code from one of our printed calendars.
How do I register in order to receive the calendar?
If you're a first-time subscriber, you can register here (or just click the "register" button at the top of this page).
If you have an account from a previous year, you do not need to register again. You can use your existing email and password combination. Log in here (or click "Log In" at the top of this page).
Once you're registered or logged in, follow the instructions in your account (or continue reading these FAQs) to sign up for your free online calendar.
I have a code from a printed calendar. How do I choose my free Page-A-Day® digital calendar?
- First, register for a Page-A-Day® account, if you haven't already. You can choose to enter your promotion code (found in your printed calendar) during the registration process, or you can enter it later.
- If you already have a Page-A-Day® account, log in to that account.
- Once you're logged in and viewing your account, visit the "Daily Calendar" page (found in the Account Settings menu). If you didn't include your promotion code during the registration process, you can type it in the gray box at the top of this page. You can also add additional codes on this page.
- Once a code is entered successfully, you will be given 1 "credit" per code—which gives you access to 1 online calendar for the same year as your printed calendar.
- Choose the calendar you'd like to receive daily from the drop-down menu under "My ... Calendars".
- Once you've selected the calendar from the drop-down menu, click the "ADD" button. This will add the calendar to your selections. It will show up in a light blue box under the heading "My ... Calendars".
- Be default, the calendar is not emailed to you, but only viewable online. If you'd like it emailed, in the light blue box, choose the radio button "Yes" next to "Email this to me".
- Once you've made changes to your calendar selections or email options, be sure to click the "SAVE" button on the page—otherwise your preferences will not be saved!
How can I receive my digital calendar as a daily HTML email?
Be default, the calendar is not emailed to you, but only viewable online. If you'd like it emailed, in the light blue box, choose the radio button "Yes" next to "Email this to me". Be sure to hit the "SAVE" button once you're done with the updates / changes.
Do I have to receive my Page-A-Day® calendar as an HTML email?
No, you can continue to visit your account on the site every day. This is also how you can receive the calendar if your email account does not accept HTML emails. Even if you opt in for the HTML email feature, current and past days from your selected digital calendar at pageaday.com are viewable to you throughout the year.
Can I change what calendar I receive?
Yes, you can change the calendar at any time. Just click the "remove & choose a different calendar" link under your current calendar choice. Then follow the instructions for adding a new calendar. Simply:
- Choose a calendar from the drop-down menu.
- Click "Add."
- Decide if you would like it emailed to you daily. Choose "yes" or "no" from the radio buttons.
- Click "Save" when you're done.
I'm not receiving my daily emails. What can I do?
If your emails suddenly stop arriving or never arrive, make sure that email@example.com is in your email contacts list. Then, log in to your account, go to your Daily Calendar page and make sure you are opted in for HTML emails. Be sure you click the "SAVE" button on that page once your preferences are changed or updated.
When can I register for an online calendar? When will I have access to it and/or start receiving the daily emails?
You can register anytime, as long as you have a code from a current printed calendar. If your code is from a calendar and the year of the calendar hasn't started yet, you will have access to your digital calendar online, and/or start receiving it via email as soon as the new year starts (January 1). If the year is underway (anytime after January 1 through December 31) you will have online access to the calendar immediately, and if you sign up to have your calendar emailed to you, you will receive the first one 1-2 days after signing up.
Why can't I view last year's calendars online?
Unfortunately last year's digital calendar pages are no longer viewable online. After they are published, this year's digital pages will be available for the rest of the year.
Where did the Page-A-Day® Calendar originate?
Workman, in fact, invented the Page-a-Day® Calendar, which is why you see this "®" symbol on our product and throughout our communication. The first Page-A-Day® Calendars were announced in the spring of 1979—365 New Words-A-Year, 365 Jokes, Puns and Riddles, and 365 Women-A-Year. Please refer to our about page to read the official story of Page-A-Day®.
How do I buy a Page-a-Day® Calendar if my local store has run out?
Our calendars are published like books—with the same care and attention to detail—and they’re also sold like books, although the market expands far beyond the traditional bookstore. You’ll find them in the big chain bookstores and independent bookstores, in warehouse clubs, department stores, gift stores, mail-order catalogs, and through online merchants. Click on store at the top of this page, and you’ll find our complete calendars offerings for the year as well as the ability the purchase them through the workman.com website. International customers may click here to find a list of our global distribution partners.
What are the rules for the online cat and dog contests?
You can find the contest rules here.
How do I know that the photo of my pet is high quality / large enough?
If you are using a modern digital camera, and you upload the photo at the highest resolution, chances are the photo will be high quality. If you don't understand photo optimization, do not attempt to re-size the image—most likely this will result in a lower quality image. All images must be uploaded at the highest quality available in a JPG format. This file has to be at least 300 dpi for the format of the calendar (width: 5.25 inches or height: 5.25 inches). Remember that we can reduce a photo in size successfully, but not enlarge it.
Do I need a promotion / I.D. code to enter a contest?
No, you do not need any code. The code gives you access to the digital Page-A-Day calendar, but is not required for entering a contest. You'll see a place to enter a code on the registration form, but it is not required (i.e. you can leave it blank).