At Page-A-Day, we don't just want to bring you beautiful, amazing calendars — we also want to help you fill them too! Check out all the exciting holidays and observances coming up in April.
Some monthly observances in April:
- National Poetry Month: Fall in love with poetry with Love Poetry Out Loud.
- National Garden Month: April is the perfect time to start your summer garden in most areas, so buy some bulbs and get to planting! Browse The Flower Recipe Book for inspiration.
- Keep America Beautiful Month: Celebrate the Keep America Beautiful Foundation and their core issues of preventing litter, reducing waste and beautifying communities in April by volunteering to keep your part of America beautiful. You can make beautiful fun with Beautiful Oops! by Barney Saltzberg.
- ASPCA April: April is Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month, and each year, the ASPCA urges supporters across the country to “Go Orange for Animals” to raise awareness. If you adopt an animal this month, see all our great pet reference titles, including Dinner for Dogs and Happy Cat: Happy You.
April has some exciting weekly celebrations as well:
- Golden Rule Week (April 1-7): Do unto others as you would do unto yourself, especially this week. If you need some inspiration, see the books we featured in The Positivity Bundle sweepstakes — like The Book of Nice!
- National Park Week (April 18-26): Visit one of America's lovely national parks during National Park Week! Our Audubon National Parks calendar is filled with breathtaking views and can bring the national parks to your home or office. Learn more on the National Parks website.
- National Karaoke Week (April 19-25): Let loose, grab the mic, and become a music icon. The Frog Trouble Bundle by Sandra Boynton can get your sing-along started. The CD accompanying Boynton's famous board book features songs by Brad Paisley, Dwight Yoakam, Alison Krauss, Josh Turner, Kacey Musgraves, and other top Nashville singers and musicians — plus the adorable plush Zeke the Frog!
And, of course, the daily observances to fill your Page-A-Day calendars with some extra excitement!
- April 1st is April Fool's Day: Whether you're the fool or the prankster, everyday can be "Fool's Day" with the hilarious 1,000 Unforgettable Senior Moments.
- April 3rd is Passover: Each year people of the Jewish faith commemorate Passover with a Seder dinner. Get some modern take on Passover classics from Balaboosta and Nosh On This.
- April 5th is Easter: Celebrate Easter Sunday with a fun egg hunt in the park and Sandra Boynton, whose book The Bunny Rabbit Show book makes an egg-cellent Easter Basket gift.
- April 7th is National Beer Day: Quite possibly the best observance of the whole year. Browse our beer books and pick a brew (and a book!) that's just right for you.
- April 14th is National Library Workers Day: Tell your favorite librarian how much you appreciate him or her.
- April 22nd is Earth Day: Celebrate our earth today by planting a tree or flower. Volunteer to help clean up the neighborhood today, or simply lay in the grass for a moment, smell the spring air, and appreciate nature's beauty.
- April 25th is National Dance Day: Hear music everywhere, and spot all the Dancers Among Us.
- April 30th is Adopt a Shelter Pet Day: America's animal shelters are brimming with pets that need good homes, so get out there and find a forever-friend today. Page-A-Day has loads of fantastic pet reference titles, including Herbal Cat (and Dog) Care
If we missed any, please leave them in a comment below! We'd love to celebrate whatever you're celebrating this month.