We check quite a few sites each month to gather the best observances and holidays to share with you. Here's the cream of the crop.
February is chock full of feelings!
- International Flirting Week: If you haven't met that special someone, put your feelers and do some flirting starting on February 14th through the 20th.
- International Friendship Week: Cupid may not be calling this year, but there's still an opportunity to connect with someone you care about starting on February 10th.
- Random Acts of Kindness Week also starts on the 14th! Find a way to share the love and pass it forward through the 20th.
- Love Your Pet Day: One of our ultimate favorites all year 'round falls on February 20th!
Some other exciting monthly observances in February 2015:
- Library Lovers Month
- National Haiku Writing Month
- National African American History Month
- American Heart Month
- International Boost Self-Esteem Month
And some weekly ones as well:
- Dump Your Significant Jerk Week - Get rid of the jerk you've been dating before Valentine's Day and then pamper yourself! (Feb 7 - 13)
- Freelance Writers Appreciation Week - If you work with a freelance writer, give them a hug—or maybe some fabulous moisturizing lotion for those overworked typing fingers. (Feb 7 - 13th)
- National Entrepreneurship Week - Spend this week developing that idea for a startup you've been sitting on. (Feb 20 - 27th)
And the daily observances that you may want to jot down:
- Feb 7th: Super Bowl Sunday. Get the nachos, chips and dip and 5-foot long sandwiches ready and throw a party! Who are you rooting for today?
- Feb 2: Groundhog Day and World Play Your Ukulele Day both fall on 2/2. Why not play your Ukulele in hopes of a short winter prediction from Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog!
- Feb 5: National Nutella Day. Celebrate by putting Nutella in everything!
- Feb 9: Fat Tuesday, or Mardi Gras, is a party you can't miss. Travel to New Orleans or Rio de Janeiro to celebrate Carnival!
- Feb 20: Let's all get together and give our furry friends a big squeeze on Love Your Pet Day. Share the love with our 365 Dogs Page-A-Day and 365 Cats Page-A-Day calendars.
- Feb 23: National Dog Biscuit Day. Give that dog a bone for cryin' out loud!
- Feb 26: For Pete's Sake (Day), it's obvious what we're doing on National Bacon Day.
Whatever you're celebrating or observing in February, mark it down in your Page-A-Day Calendar so you don't forget...
If we missed any, leave them in a comment below! We'd love to celebrate whatever you're celebrating this mont.