At Page-A-Day, we don't just want to bring you beautiful, amazing calendars — we also want to help you fill them too! Check out all the exciting holidays and observances coming up in May.
First, and foremost, the holiday you want to circle on your calendar right away is Mother's Day on May 14th. Browse our gift guide for suggestions to make mom's day extra special.
Monthly observances in May:
- National Pet Month: May is the month to celebrate your darling pet by spoiling them rotten and making sure they have everything they need! Browse our best pet care titles for tips.
- Get Caught Reading Month: Celebrate Get Caught Reading Month by revisiting your favorite books or discovering your next great read!
- National Smile Month: Did you know that smiling can actually make your brain relase chemicals that will make you happier? Think Happy, Be Happy and make May super duper smiley!
May has some exciting weekly celebrations as well:
- Be Kind To Animals Week (May 7-13): There is a chance you'll learn some life lessons as well! Don't miss Really Important Things My Dog Has Taught Me.
- National Bike to Work Week (May 15-19): Get to work in style on National Bike to Work Day. Take a look at Just Ride for some inspiration and practical tips!
And, of course, the daily observances to fill your Page-A-Day calendars with some extra excitement!
- May 4th is Intergalactic Star Wars Day: May the Fourth Be with You today on Intergalactic Star Wars Day! Don't miss these Star Wars Brainquest workbooks (just in time for summer vacation enrichment).
- May 5th is Cinco de Mayo: Ay Caramba! Enoy chips and salsa and a frosty imported brew. Browse our beer books to find the perfect cerveza for your celebration!
- May 12th is International Nurses' Day: Check out The Nurses for the behind-the-scenes scoop.
- May 12th is also Hug Your Cat Day: Give your feline friend an even bigger hug and squeeze today than you normally do and make a vow to take care of them to the best of your ability today — even if Your Cat’s Just Not That Into You.
- May 14th is Mother's Day: Get the perfect gift to make mom's day special.
- May 29th is Memorial Day: If the veterans in your life are readers, treat them to one of our Books to Honor Veterans.
If we missed any, please leave them in a comment below! We'd love to celebrate whatever you're celebrating this month.