At Page-A-Day, we don't just want to bring you beautiful, amazing calendars—we also want to help you fill them too! Check out all the exciting holidays and observances coming up in November.
Monthly observances in November:
- Adopt A Senior Pet Month. Give a pet the best years of his or her life by adopting a senior pet. Animal lovers of all stripes will enjoy Do Unto Animals, part practical guide, part memoir of a compassionate life with animals, and part testament to the power of giving back.
- National Novel Writing Month. Otherwise known as NaNoWriMo, November is the month where hundreds of thousands of writers dig in and follow their literary passions. Get inspired and fall in love with the best books of the season in our Compelling Reads collection.
- Picture Book Month. Remember the joy of flipping the pages in your favorite picture book? Fall into the pure pleasure of Sandra Boynton, Barney Saltzberg (author of Good Egg, Arlo Needs Glasses, and Beautiful Oops!), or make your own picture book with How to Tell A Story!
Weekly observances in November:
- National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week is November 4-10th. Visit your local shelter and meet a new best friend. Discover our favorite rescue pets in our bestselling Page-A-Day calendar 365 Dogs.
- National Game & Puzzle Week is November 18-24th. While the weather gets cold, gather your family and friends 'round the fire and discover The Infinite Board Game, How to Tell A Story, or get some giggles with our 290 Really Bad Jokes + 61 Hilarious Puns 2018 calendar.
And, of course, the daily observances to fill your Page-A-Day calendars with some extra excitement!
- November 3rd is Sadie Hawkins Day. Ladies, it's your turn to ask out the gentleman of your dreams. If that's just another thing to do on your to-do list, you might need our For Women Who Do Too Much calendar!
- November 4th is National Candy Day. One word: yum. Get at those Halloween leftovers or dip into the pages of CHOCOLATE, Sandra Boynton's instant classic.
- November 11th is Origami Day. Conquer the art of paper folding with our Origami calendar.
- November 15th is National Philanthropy Day. We love donating one copy of Good and Cheap for each copy sold. What's your favorite cause?
- November 19th is International Games Day at Libraries and National Day of Play. Games are the best! Have some fun with your family, your pets, and friends today.
- November 23rd is Thanksgiving Day. Remember you are blessed! Discover The Little Book of Prayers and our inspirational books and calendars this holiday season.
- November 25th is Small Business Saturday. Support your local bookstore and the small businesses near you!
- November 27th is Cyber Monday. Get great deals at your favorite online shop. Psst — don't miss our specials at www.pageaday.com!
If we missed any holidays and observances that matter to you, please leave them in a comment below! We'd love to celebrate whatever you're celebrating this month.