What to Always Do, Sometimes Do, and Never Do! to make the most out of your shopping trip. Tips from How to Win at Shopping!
- Sometimes after placing an item in your online shopping cart and closing the browser window, within forty-eight hours you will receive a discount promo code from the retailer to sway you to complete your purchase. Don't let this lure you into making a purchase you are unsure of. However, if you do really want the item, this is great!
- Always sit down when trying on clothing. An item may look great when you're standing up straight, but it is also worth seeing how it looks and feels when you're seated. After all, you'll be spending time sitting down in everything you buy. Most fitting rooms have seating, so this is easy to do.
- Holiday (or any-time) gifts can always be gift wrapped and shipped directly to the recipient, saving you the time of wrapping and shipping yourself! For a nominal fee, both online and brick-and-mortar retailers offer inexpensive gift wrapping and shipping services. The time you would have spent doing this is often better used finishing up your holiday shopping or finding a gift for yourself.
- Always scan a department for color first, then go in for a closer look at style, size, fabric, and price point. It's easy to get overwhelmed when approaching racks and racks of clothing. Color is the easiest starting point.
- Never pay for online shipping during the holidays. There is so much competition for your business that you never have to pay for shipping during this time of year. If a site doesn't offer free shipping, get in touch with customer service and tell the representative you will purchase on another site if the company won't waive the shipping. Nine times out of ten, the company will be happy to accommodate you.
- Never be afraid to ask if an item will go on sale. Who doesn't want to pay less? Located in the stockroom or employee lounge of the store is a detailed calendar with all of the upcoming promotions and sales written on it. Ask your salesperson to take a peek at it. What can you lose?
What to Always Do, Sometimes Do, and Never Do! to make the most out of your shopping trip.
How to Win at Shopping: 297 Insider Secrets for Getting the Style You Want at the Price You Want to Pay! makes a perfect gift for anyone who loves to shop and loves to save.
About the book: A book worth its weight in gold—or what one charges on a gold card. Written by two fashion experts with deep experience in fashion shopping and styling, How to Win at Shopping is perfect for the woman who loves to shop—there is priceless information on every page.