Contest Photo Tips
- Stay in focus.
- Avoid cluttered backgrounds.
- No people are allowed in the photo.
- Pay attention to the lighting—make sure photo isn't too dark or too light (so it can be reproduced).
- Nothing inappropriate: no injuries, genitalia, eye goo, mouth sores, and so on.
- All images must be uploaded at the highest quality available in a JPG format. This file has to be at least 300 dpi for the format of the calendar (width: 5.25 inches or height: 5.25 inches). Remember that we can reduce a photo in size successfully, but not enlarge it.
- Pets can be funny, cute, majestic, or artsy—just be creative.
- Avoid red or white reflective eyes.
- Make sure to include all requested information—your entry isn't complete without your pet's information (name, breed, gender) a brief pet bio. Note that you must also have a Page-A-Day® account with a confirmed email address, mailing address and phone to enter the contests.
Photo Resources to Consider
The Unforgettable Photograph: 228 Ideas, Tips, and Secrets for Taking the Best Pictures of Your Life
Renowned photographer George Lange’s work is guided by one simple truth: An unforgettable photograph is not about what the subject looks like, but what it feels like. In this entirely new kind of photography guide, written by Mr. Lange and Scott Mowbray, magazine editor and longtime amateur photographer, the rest of us will learn how to take photographs that don’t just document life but celebrate it. More about the book »