Calling all Earth kids!
Meet Zap, a spunky blue alien from the planet Vox Nova. When a stowaway from Earth sneaks onto his spaceship, he makes lots of mistakes. Is the furry creature friendly? Or dangerous? Zots! Quick, grab a pencil to teach Zap about our world. Share memories, too, and make up adventures of your own.
- Can’t write yet?
Zip–zapper–zot! Find a helper who can be your reading, writing robot!
- Learning to write?
Ka-zooks! No need to worry about spelling to be an author of this book!
- Already a word wizard? You’re on top of your game. Play with fun ways to edit and shoot for the stars!
Writing coach Diane Landy brings years of elementary and preschool classroom experience to this one-of-a-kind book, in which each writing and drawing prompt is carefully crafted around a comic story. Kids will:
Adventures with Zap
- create characters, settings, and action scenes
- bring pictures to life with words
- brainstorm when stuck
- write thoughts and dialogue
- use “power words”
- express feelings and wishes.
introduces the magic of storytelling through playful writing practice. Children build skills and confidence while creating a precious keepsake.