By Sarah Samaan
The heart beats more than 2,500,000,000 times over the average life—and, despite great strides in medicine, prevention is still the best way to keep your heart running strong. If you want to help your heart—and especially if you already have a cardiac diagnosis, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or a family history of heart disease—Best Practices for a Healthy Heart is your complete guide to cardio care. For more than twenty years, award-winning, board-certified cardiologist Dr. Sarah Samaan has treated thousands of patients and tirelessly kept pace with the latest research—and now, she condenses her best advice into 7 easy steps on how to:
• Take charge of your “numbers”—your weight, cholesterol, heart rate, and blood pressure
• Make heart-smart choices about food, exercise, and stress
• Work with your doctor to design the right treatment for you
• Tell which supplements and alternative therapies really help
• Avoid vices that will harm your heart—and much more!
Put these best practices in action today, and you will decrease your risk of disease and dependence on medication, experience a wealth of positive “side effects” (from a smaller waistline to a happier outlook!), and soon be seven steps nearer to optimal heart health.
“Her message is positive: Prevention can not only make you healthier physically, it will also help you be happier, more optimistic, more hopeful.”
—Dallas Morning News