A New York Times–bestselling author’s timely guide to happiness in adversity
When the world is upside down and the future uncertain, is it possible to find happiness? Happiness expert Tal Ben-Shahar unequivocally says yes! In Happier, No Matter What.,
he gives readers a toolbox for finding hope and purpose—the SPIRE method. This nuanced approach has five key realms:
- Spiritual: Are we living mindfully?
- Physical: Do we take care of our bodies?
- Intellectual: Are we challenged and curious?
- Relational: Do we nurture connections that nurture us?
- Emotional: Are our feelings both honored and balanced?
By assessing each area, we gain insight into our “baseline happiness”—and about how to build the resilience necessary to weather all of life’s ups and downs, no matter what.